At the beginning of each year, you might find yourself wanting to declutter your home. It happens to a lot of us. We collect items throughout the year and then Christmas hits and you’ve added even more. This year, to save you from tears…. why not start the decluttering process before Christmas hits! Keep it simple with this list of 10 things to get rid of today to feel less cluttered!
- Junk mail
- Kitchen counter clutter
- Old shoes and socks
- Clothes that don’t fit
- Home decor you don’t love
- Unused/expired pantry items
- Chargers and cables you don’t use (or have duplicates)
- Appliance manuals
- Plastic Tupperware without lids (or extra lids without Tupperware)
- Broken items (toys, kitchen gadgets, home decor, clothing…)
There are also things you can do to feel less cluttered without getting rid of things you need. Try making your bed first thing in the morning. Or making sure your dishes are cleaned up and put away. By doing these simple tasks you will be on your way to feeling less cluttered with as little as 5 minutes a day!
Looking for more ideas? Check out this article by Becoming Minimalist.
You might also like: