Winter colds can really put a damper on the already cold winter months. Don’t let the cold and flu get you down this year. Today we are sharing some tips on how to be healthy this winter. From cleanliness to immune booting tips, we’ve got you covered!
Ways to boost your immune system and be healthy this winter:
- Take your daily vitamins: Are you taking immune boosting vitamins like C, E, and B6?
- Fitness: Did you know that fitness can help prevent you from getting sick? While it’s not the only thing that keeps you from getting sick you can build up your immune system. Get up and walk around to help boost your immune system!
- Sleep: 8-10 hours is what is recommended. Are you getting even close to that?
- Fruits and veggies: Colorful fruits and veggies have some of the best immune boosting vitamins and minerals.
- Spices: Ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin… many of the spices you use in your cooking can also help boost your immune system.
Ways to prevent coming into contact viruses and germs:
- Keep a set of pens on you at all times to avoid using public pens at the banks, for deliveries, and in the office.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow. Unless you can wash your hands immediately, you will spread viruses and germs to hard surfaces.
- Clean hard surfaces often. Viruses and germs can live a long time on hard surfaces. Remember to clean common surfaces often.
- Get new sponges and dish towels regularly. These are another place viruses and germs love to hang out. Here’s an article on the 10 Germiest Places In Your Home.
While these measures aren’t the cure to the common cold or flu, taking these actions will help you build a stronger immune system and help you prevent getting sick this winter. Stay healthy and safe out there!